How to Boost Confidence?
“All Confidence is acquired through reading good books, meeting good people and visiting good places”
Who would disagree with the fact that Confidence is the most valuable asset, which any Individual can have?
“Confidence generates a feeling of certainty of outcome in our mind”.
Think about anything tangible in this world! The first blueprint of every great product, monument or service, you say anything, it was always first created in the eyes of our mind only. This is the only way the universe works.
Therefore, whatever you wish to attain in your life, you have to be able to clearly see it first in your mind. The more specific you are about the details of your desire, the clearer picture you can see about your dream, better the chances of your success.
But from thinking about getting results, there are a couple of milestones, which are the catalyst to the desired outcome.
So, the travel from the “Thought” to “Desired Outcome” has the below necessary elements on the way.
Thoughts — —>Feeling — — >Emotions — — >Action — — >Outcome
Look at the two extreme pillars of this journey.
The quality of your outcome is solely dependent upon the quality of thoughts you “choose to think”.
But here comes the big problem. The most part of the society tends to believe that “thoughts come on its own” in our heads, rather than understanding the fact that “we ourselves are choosing our thoughts” moment to moment (though unconsciously).
There is a reason behind it.
Since our childhood (the day we started to remember the things), we are constantly bombarded with all sorts of beliefs from our parents, friends, teachers, society and our surroundings. Unfortunately a lot of such beliefs i.e. belief about scarcity, self-doubt etc. do not really serve us to lead a greater life. Over a period of time, after continuously being forced to listen to beliefs and not from one, but from many different sources around us, we start to think in the same manner. Few examples of such unhelpful belief system can be like this:
– I don’t think I am capable to do it.
– I don’t have that much money or time or resources to take a big leap in my life.
– It has not worked in the past with the people I know, so it won’t work for me too.
– I don’t deserve to think about big dreams because I don’t have the required circumstance.
You see! All thoughts smell victim mentality (and not taking responsibility by taking the desired action)
So all the conditioning of non-supportive beliefs gets layered in our minds since the tender age and the worst part is that we tend to strongly consider these borrowed beliefs as our own belief system.
What is the definition of belief?
“It is continuous repetition of any thought or a group of thoughts (on our own or taken from others), which conditions our minds to run such thoughts on auto-pilot basis”
That’s the sole reason that most of us believe that “we can’t choose to think”, rather “thoughts keep coming to us”. It is because we have done enough thinking already (thanks to our environments) and now such negative thoughts run on their own in our heads.
But the good news is that the way non-supporting beliefs have made their house in our heads and run endlessly to our non-action, this can be done in another way round to our advantage i.e. generating the new set of belief.
The only difference is that in the case of borrowed beliefs, we didn’t have any choice to select our surroundings. We neither could have chosen in which society we should have born nor we had the choice of selection of parents, teachers, friends etc.
“Awareness is like the sun. When it shines on things, they are transformed” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh (A Vietnamese Monk)
Comparatively, with the increased awareness about how thoughts convert into a stronger belief, we can choose to change our thought patterns to serve us better. It requires stronger commitment and surrounding ourselves with the carefully selected positive environment.
An example will help here.
Let’s compare our negative belief system with a glass filled with but having thick mud at the bottom and you want to clean that glass completely. The simplest solution is to keep pouring clean water consistently in the glass, such that water keeps flowing out. You will notice that more clean water you put, the muddy water slowly gets out of the glass and in very less time, you found you glass of clean and transparent water.
So consider these inspirational and motivation quotes as clean water, which if consistently poured will create a positive belief system.
Now with this positive belief system, you would tend to think in a language of possibility and optimism. This thinking pattern will create a feeling of confidence in your abilities and resourcefulness of getting things done. Such feeling generates positive emotions and that leads to massive actions towards the desired objective.
“Confidence is the most shining ornament of your thoughts”
Enjoy reading these 50 super inspirational and motivational quotes to boost your confidence.
1. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”~Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” ~T. Harv Eker
3. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” ~Marianne Williamson
4. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” ~Brian Tracy
5. “To double your income, triple your investment in self-development.”~Robin Sharma
6. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ~Dale Carnegie
7. “The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life, is the moment you can change anything in your life.”~Hal Elrod
8. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” ~William Jennings Bryan
9. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” ~Brené Brown
10. “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered — just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” ~Barrie Davenport
11. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” ~Bruce Lee
13. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” ~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
14. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin
15. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” ~J.M. Barrie
16. “There is NOBODY like you, and once you realize that your entire future changes.” ~Peter Voogd
17. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” ~Steve Jobs
18. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~Golda Meir
19. “People will judge you regardless, so be what you want to be” ~Peter Voogd
20. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~Peter T. Mcintyre
21. “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.” ~Baltasar
22. “The moment you accept responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life is the moment you gain the power to change ANYTHING in your life.”~Hal Elrod
23. “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” ~Richard Bach
24. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson
25. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” ~Bruce Lee
26. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain
27. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” ~Paul Tillich
28. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ~John Wooden
29. “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good … They’re no better.” ~Hayley Williams
30. “Insecurities will destroy you, while real confidence will take you to a level very few attain.”~Peter Voogd
31. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” ~Tina Fey
32. “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.” ~Bryce Courtenay
33. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you won’t do anything with it.” ~Scott Peck
34. It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~George Eliot
35. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” ~Dr. Benjamin Spock
36. “You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ~Buddha
37. “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” ~Tim Gunn
38. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
39. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” ~Sir Edmund Hillary
40. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ~Helen Keller
41. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” ~Thomas Alva Edison
42. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” ~Arthur Ashe
43. “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong” ~Anonymous
44. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.”~ Jodi Picoult
45. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
46. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” ~E. E. Cummings
47. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony
48. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” ~Oprah Winfrey
49. “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.” ~Andre Dubus
50. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” Dr. Wayne Dyer.
If you are keen to get more such inspirational quotes, I have explained the significance of the inspirational quotes in greater detail and compiled a list of life-changing inspirational and motivational quotes in my books:
The Quoted Life: 223 Best Inspirational and Motivational Quotes on Success, Mindset, Confidence, Learning, Persistence, Motivation, Happiness
If you are interested in further reviewing my work, I have two further books on how to boost confidence, productivity and improve time management skills which you may get the details at My Books page.
Hope You Liked the Article!